Positive Reinforcement

My happiness
bubbles
Sometimes the silliest things make us happy.


The school I work in takes report cards very seriously. Let me make that really clear: The school I work in takes report cards very seriously. I had never seen anything like it before, and it hit me like a ton of bricks on a clear day the first time I had to write them.


When I was in school, I got an "A+" (most of the time...) and a little footnote "1" for "pleasure to have in class" and "23" for "too talkative". That was it. Clean and simple. Probobly took a grand total of thirty minutes for a teacher to fill in the appropriate letters and numbers. Oh yes, there was an option to add an additional comment on the back, but there was never more than a scentance or two between my 20-odd teachers.


Anyways, the report cards I have to write are from a different planet entirely. Here's a sample...
Yah. Intense. The part that didn't make it onto the screen (!) was a course descriptor I wrote for my subject. Anywhooo.... it's a rather intense process, and I'm B"H in the final stages of it now. But I noticed something interesting. My absolute favorite part is watching the little red bullet next to each student's name turn green when I've finished her report. I actually yelped, "yes!" Just so thrilling. Oh, the small pleasures in life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On a Time Budget

When does today end? The Corona Mothering Life

Four More Questions