My Role

"...al mitzvas Tzitzis," Mimi intoned as she lifted the hems of her skirt to her lips with a kiss, "Now the girl's bracha!"

"What's the girl's bracha?"

"Hareini mekabel..."

Hmm, she might be right after all. I've spent so much of my mental energies lately analyzing my role as  wife, mom of three, housekeeper and such. Maybe it all comes down to this one bracha: accepting the responsibility of loving my family like myself, even when that entails washing their clothes, wiping spills and picking up after them. 

Thanks, Mim.

Comments

  1. "even when that entails washing their clothes, wiping spills and picking up after them"

    - that's your love right there. Like you suggest - it is a love that derives also from YOUR RESPONSIBILITY (as in Hareinee mekabel alai .....)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When does today end? The Corona Mothering Life

On a Time Budget

Four More Questions