City Streets - Review and Teaching Resource

I've always found this song inspirational. "City Streets" by Chanale picks up on a story in the Talmud where Rabbi Akiva takes a positive spin on a challenging circumstance. The nation is in mourning. Everyone is stuck at home due to a terrible virus. Just kidding: the Romans persecuted the people, destroying our central place of worship. Once, Akiva and his friends visited the site of the former sanctuary. His friends cried, he laughed. You can see the details in the song or download my PowerPoint on the Gemara which I created for my Jewish History students. In truth, this lesson isn't just history. It's a powerfully transformative tool all growth mindset and positivity.  (Can you explain to me why the editor doesn't like my spelling choices! Anyways, here's the song:)



I love how Chanale completely picks up on the hope and optimism of Rabbi Akiva. When he saw destruction, he didn't SEE destruction. He saw a promise fulfilled, a stepping stone towards the better, brighter future predicted. What a vision. Imagine applying that mindset to our current lives - viewing it as a positive stage in the Master Plan. That would majorly change my attitude, that's for sure. 

BTW you know what the best thing about the new release of this song is? I would always get to this section in my course during Sefirah and couldn't play the instrumental version to my class, just had to teach the song without the song. But now I got this acapella version! Thank you Chanale :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On a Time Budget

When does today end? The Corona Mothering Life

Four More Questions