Have a lookie over at my new page. I've posted a slideshow I made to show in the classroom tomorrow. Parsha Class. If you'd like to use the original file shoot off a quick email.
The moment I pulled the car into park, Guilt knocked on my door. Actually, she just barged in unannounced. "You should have picked up Daniel!" she accused. I reached out to switch the car back on. A quick look at the clock told me it was a futile effort. 12:28, the little guy would already be nestled in his cot by the time I'd arrive. Waking him and transferring him to the car would spell the end of this nap time. Been there, done that. The result? Frustrated mother. Sort of defeats the purpose of early pick-up, if you ask me. So I snapped up Mussy's coat and headed into the house with a clear conscious. Well, almost. Guilt wasn't quite through with me yet, "Then you should leave a few minutes earlier!" Sigh. Why do I go through this again and again? As soon as my work hours have ended, I speed out of school fueled by Guilt. If only it was this easy... Why do I feel like a bad mother if I am not mothering all day? Why do I feel a need t...
Currently I am running my small business on a tight budget. Therefore, I am quite precise with how I allocate my 9-4 office hours. They’re all I’ve got to work with at the moment! The business is raising healthy children. The budget I’m referring to is my use of time. Next year that same time will stretch differently. With baby in creche the 9-4 is more flexible as his needs will be taken care of, so I have more freedom of movement and scheduling. For instance, this morning I got a call that my kinder daughter's skirt is too big, and it is really bothering her. She had no spares. So, they asked if I’m out and about anyways can I come drop one off? But I had a plan. I wasn’t going out until 2 and didn’t change that plan. Weighing up various values and priorities, that’s what we do. There is a real relief and sense of identity in being able to say, “no, not now.” In just knowing your own parameters. I guess baby's creche doesn't really need to feature in that equation, if...
I started this blog when I was a mother of 2 and just needed a space of my own to vent and express. Went through phases of using it, never quite putting my full name to my pieces. At one point 10 years in (mid Covid when all pretences to facades went out the windows!) I linked a video of myself, basically finally sharing my identity. Even so, I still don't use the blog as a primary way of sharing. It's scary to be authentic. The perfectionist in me wants to go back through every old post and censor them all. Always worried about what others will think of me... And yet I'm writing that as a blog piece! Have all my filters dropped? 🤪 One fascinating thing that happened in the void was *THE BOTS* Oh the comments they left! The first time I noticed them in the form of 15 comments on one post I actually thought I'd achieved fame. Ha! There were 83 fake comments :( And some of them were flattering too... I've cleaned them up now and will keep a closer eye ...
Comments
Post a Comment