Yummy and Healthy

"Lollies," my son fondly stated, "we can only eat one. It's not healthy."

I could almost hear a deep sigh. Such trauma for a three year old. He wasn't finished. Daniel had prepared an entire thesis on the subject that he was preparing to expound on the topic, right there, in the back seat of the car.

"Some foods are yummy, but they are not healthy."

Yes, my son, such is life...

"We can only eat them on Shabbos. Like lollies and cookies."

"Daniel," I asked him, "What about strawberries? Are strawberries a treat?"

"Yah." a little wag of the finger accompanied the next injunction. "But only one."

"Why?"

"It's not healthy."

The laughter bubbled up inside of me, but I squeezed down the lid to maintain a straight face.

"Sweetie, strawberries are yummy AND healthy."

Oh.

"What about watermelon?"

"Yes, honey, watermelon is healthy."

He thought he could push his luck, "Chocolate?"

"No, chocolate is not healthy*. But we can have some for Shabbos."

He smiled, and settled back in his seat contentedly for the rest of the ride.

Comments

  1. Kids. They take things so literally. It makes me smile.

    Stopped over from Mama Kat's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Goota love them for it...
      This morning he asked me for a can of coke, "I will have just one." I reminded him that it was an unhealthy choice. He had a rejoinder ready - "today is sometimes."

      Gevald!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When does today end? The Corona Mothering Life

On a Time Budget

Four More Questions